The Pros and Cons of Metal Roofing
Considering metal roofing for a Huntington Beach home makes perfect sense. There are certainly plenty of advantages as well as some disadvantages. In order to be a smart homeowner and consumer you need to weigh the pros and cons before making a decision.
Some of the most common materials for roofing include asphalt, tile and wood. When it comes to metal you are looking at options like aluminum, steel and other metals. So before making your decision one way or the other take a look at some of the pros and cons.
What You Need to KnowLet’s first start with the pros:
- Longevity – Installed properly and cared for metal roofs usually come with up to a 50 year warranty and can last up to 70.
- Fire resistance – this material gets a Class A fire rating which is the most fire resistant.
- Reflective surface – because metal reflects heat from the sun you can cut down on the cost of cooling your home
- Weight – the lightest option
- Installation – is relatively easy and definitely the quickest
- Cost – the upfront investment is greater than with other choices but the longevity balances that out
- Dents – as you can imagine hailstones and falling branches can put a real ding in this material
- Noise – sounds can be amplified but for some people the sound of rain on a metal roof is second to none
- Replacement difficulty – Because this material is traditionally constructed in large panels it can be hard to take care of repairs without having to replace a large section
Finding the Best Team
Probably the most important part of the decision making process is making sure you have the right team on your side to get the job done. At Shulman Roofing Inc we are that team. Our goal is to make sure each and every one of our clients makes an informed decision that feel they can live with.
We help our customers understand all of the options available to them like, in this case, different types of roofs and even the materials available for metals. From there we can even assist in helping you make the best choice possible based on your wants, needs and budget. Contact us today so we can get started helping you make sense of it all.
We look forward to having the opportunity to be your metal roofing contractor company of choice. All it takes is a single phone call and we can start helping you make important decisions about your home and rooftop.